Tuesday, April 20, 2010
I'm not normally a card maker, but I do like these cute Spinner cards. Here's my take on this fun little card, along with a SVG for download and a mini-tutorial!
Monarch stamp set by Inque Boutique ("flutter")
Gemstone Insects stamp set by Inkadinkado (butterfly)
Dotted Wave punch by EKSuccess
Wild Raspberry cardstock K&Co
White, cream and light green cardstock
Brown and orange ink pads by Versacolor
3D Dots double-sided adhesive foam
spinner card overlay.svg
Plantin Cricut Cartridge
1. Cut the cream cardstock 5.5" by 8.5", score at 4.25" and fold in half, making an A2 card. Set aside.
2. Cut the Spinner card overlay using "card spinner overlay.svg", or create a spinner opening with punches and scissors. Ink edges in brown. Trim bottom of overlay with Dotted Wave punch. Line up on cream card base (but do not attach!), then stamp sentiment on the cream showing through window.
3. Cut grass border from Plantin cricut cartridge, size 5.5" x 1.2" in light green. Cut grass/flower border size 5.5" x 2.2" in white. Ink edges. Using chalk, colour flowers. Glue grass on top of grass/flower border. Punch bottom edge with Dotted Wave punch. Glue on spinner card overlay. Set aside.
4. Stamp butterfly in orange ink on white cardstock. Trim. Cover in Glossy Accents. Allow to dry.
5. Assemble spinner assembly: Using a square foam dot, stick two pennies together in the middle. Using another foam dot, stick butterfly to pennies.
6. Using 9 foam dots, attach spinner card overlay on cream card base.
7. Gently bend spinner card base slightly and insert spinner assembly. Overlay opening should be between the two pennies.
8. Slide and enjoy!